Wednesday 9 May 2012

Tempus fugit...

How time passes.  I had meant to have several blogs written between the last and this one.  Searingly insightful works of prose they would have been, plumbing the depths of human experience and taking the unwary reader on a dizzying journey through the splendour and hapless chance surrounding our existence.  Sadly those opportunities have passed.

Beyond the veil of our dining room curtains, where I sit typing this, a vast assembly of silent clouds pass overhead - like ghostly islands - and peering through their pallor a moon reaching the zenith of its fullness.

I had, in all seriousness, planned to write about several note taking taking apps I’ve been using on my iPhone.  I also wanted to post an updated progress report on the miniatures I blogged about last time (in short - the clay was as disastrous as I had anticipated).

Over the last week, which has flown by, I’ve been busy instead getting things prepared behind the scenes for a podcast Donald Dennis (of On Board Games fame) and I have been recording - called Games in Schools and Libraries.  We plan for this to be a short-ish podcast about board, card and digital games, and the place they can find in schools and libraries (as you might not have guessed from the opaque name we chose).  I’ll blog more about this in the future - but if you’re interested in such a show at all I’d love to read what you think, what you’d like to hear, and any ideas or suggestions.

I’ve also been madly downloading apps for our school’s bank of iPods, general apps, games, literacy, math, art, music, puzzles, and reference material.  It astounds me how great the variety of applications is, of course this variety is also a double-edged sword, as weeding out the good from the not so good can be an arduous process.  Nonetheless, I am happy with the range we have so far - I might endeavor to blog about this as well in the near future.

In any case, this is a simple update, in the next few days I hope to add something of a little more interest.

In any case, I leave you with a picture of the unfinished parasaurolophus my lad and I were glueing together tonight:





Is he too young for such a challenge? The broken ribs and pelvic bones repaired with wood glue would suggest a ‘yes’.  Does he love dinosaurs? The menagerie of dinosaurs we take with us everywhere we go would again suggest a ‘yes’.  The fun of watching him ‘oh’ and ‘ah’ and ‘para-saw-a-lot-u-lus’ over the parasaurolophus far outweighs my concerns for the dinosaurs health I’m afraid.

Till next blog...

Cheers,


Giles.



No comments:

Post a Comment