My Tomb King Blood Bowl team is painted and done!
Phew.
It took me longer than I had hoped, and boy was I sick of painting gold by the end, but they are done and I am thrilled!
Without further ado, here they are:
Tomb Guardians.
Blitzers and Throwers.
Skeleton Linemen.
Tokens and special balls.
The models were undercoated with Army Painter 'Skeleton Bone' spray undercoat. It was meant to reduce painting time; while I was painting these models it really didn't feel like it had saved any time, but in reality it probably saved me quite a lot.
I also really liked the rich thickness of the new Army Painter 'Greedy Gold', with 'Bright Gold' making for a solid highlight (it felt like there was an eternity of this).
In the end I went with simple bases - PVA and sand (the classic mix), painted with Army Painter 'Desert Yellow', washed, and dry brushed with successively lighter tones. A few Highland Tufts thrown on for good measure and a bit of variation, and lastly, the traditional Blood Bowl white lines.
I thought these were lovely models to paint, with a solid amount of detail and a good sense of dynamism in their poses.
I am very happy with how they came out!
No comments:
Post a Comment